CONGRATS TO ALL IBSARITIES
DR SUMITA SARKAR HAS AGAIN DONE IT! SHE IS INVITED TO PRESENT A PAPER ON "GENDER STEREOTYPING IN PRODUCT PROMOTION : A DOMINANT TOOL OF ADVERTISEMENT IN INDIAN MEDIA" AT DAKAM,EAST MEDITERREAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE,ISTANBUL,TURKEY,DURING 2ND TO 4TH JULY,2015.
IBSAR is proud of your Achievement and you are keeping IBSAR Flag flying internationally.
MA (sociology), University of kalyani, WB, 1994; M.Phil (City, Anomie and Juvenile Delinquency: A Case of Kolkata Special Homes), Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, 2000; Ph.D - (Development, Anomie and Organized Gang Crime), TISS, Mumbai, 2002; Fellow, Asia Research Center, London School of Economics, (LSE), UK
- Sir Ratan Tata fellowship, Asia Research Center, London School of Economics, UK, 2008-09
- Sir Dorabji Merit Fellowship 1996-99
- Ministry of Defense Fellowship, 2000-2002
I. List of Publications (Published)
- Sarkar, S. (2000): Combating Organized Crime: A Case Study of Mumbai City. Fault lines, vol. 12, pp.133.
- Sarkar, S. (2002): Juveniles Under Trials in Calcutta and Greater Calcutta: An Explorations in Contemporary Social Work, vol. XIX, April, pp. 96-106.
- Sarkar, S. (2002): Combating Organized Crime as Systems Strategy: A Case of Mumbai Metropolis in the Indian Police Journal, January – March, pp. 42-52.
- Penology and Penalty of Death: Discourse and Dilemmas, CBI Bulletin, Vol. X, No. (9), Sept, 2002, pp: 15
- Nature and Extent of Juvenile Delinquents in Kolkata and Greater Kolkata: An Exploration, in Indian Journal of Social Work, Vol. 64, Jan, 2003.
- Developments in Information Technology and Criminal Vulnerability: Emerging Challenges in Urban India, 2003, The Indian Police Journal, Vol. L, No (2), P: 62
- Juvenile Delinquency and Role of Family and School: Three Cases of Homicide in Kolkata ", published in the Indian Journal Social Work, Vol.66, Issue No. 1, P: 14-35
- Effective Leadership Style: A Case Study on Few Leaders in the MNC in Mumbai, published, Synergy, I.T.S. journal of I.T & Management, Vol.4.No.2, July 2006, P:109-111
- Women Labour-force in Unorganized Sector: A Study on Construction Workers in Navi Mumbai, The Personnel, NIPM Journal, Vol XXVII (No. 2), P: 20-27 , 2007
- Beggary in Urban India: Conflict and Challenges of Development, Social Action, Vol: 57, No.1, pp: 45-55. , 2007
- Women at Work in the Era Globalisation: A Flip Side, Presented at International Feminist Summit, Townsville, Australia , 22-17 june,2007 and published in Conference Compendium, website address, www.fagenda.org
- Women in Unorganized Sector and Brick Klin Industry: A Case of Navi Mumbai, The Personnel, NIPM Journal, April-June, 2008, P:3113. Youth in organized crime in Mumbai: A developmental Perspective in Indian Journal of Social Work , vol. 69, issue no.3, July, 2008,pp. 297-480
- Safety and Security of Citizens in City of Mumbai in Mumbai Reader'08Supported by "The Arts Management 'Initiative of Sri Ratan Tata Trust , Mumbai Redears-08, Urban Design Research Institute , pp.476-494, Sept, 2009
- Increasing Fear and Sense of insecurity in Mumbai Metropolis, CBI, July, 2009
- Women Entrepreneurs and their Emerging Livelihood Issues, ASBM, March, 2010
- Corporate Crime: Discourse & Dilemmas, CBI Bulletin (Oct-Dec 2010)
- Fear of Victimisation amongst Urban Neighbourhood : A Case of Mumbai, (forthcoming) UDRI, December, 2011
- Copenhagen Summit: A critical view to UNFCC, ASBM (forthcomimg) December, 2011
Research papers (Presented at International Research Seminars):
- "Social Pathology and Youth Anomie — A Case Study of Mumbai City". Presented at British Post Graduate Criminology Conference, University of Hull, UK, Center for Criminology and Criminal Justice, April, 2002.
- Paper entitled " The Youth in Organized Crime in Mumbai Metropolis: A Developmental Perspectives" presented at Post Graduate Conference, University of Leicester, UK, Scarman Centre, April, 2003
- "Juvenile Delinquency and Role of School: Three Cases of Homicide in Kolkata Metropolis", Paper was accepted for the Second International Conference on Violence in School, May 11-14, 2003, Qubec City, Canada, (not presented).
- Paper on "Growing Insecurity and Unsafe Life in Mumbai Metropolis: Implication for Policy Intervention", submitted and accepted in 'Resurgent City Symposium, 2004, London School of Economics', 19th –21st April, 2004. Paper titled "Urban Safety and Resurgence to Policy Implementation: A Case of Mumbai", is presented at International Conference on Economic Reform in India and China - Emerging Issues and Challenges, 29-30,Feb, 2005, IGIDR Campus.
- Popular Culture and Youth Crimes, guest lecture, at the University of Kent, 2009
- Paper titled "Workaholism among professionals", presented in conference at IIT Kanpur, at Annual Psychological Conference, 2007.
- Development & Crime : Future Shock of India, working research paper, Presented at Public Lecture, LSE, 2009
- Counter Cultural Impact of Alternative Tourism : A Case of Gaddi Community, Dharamkot, HP, India, at UKHM university, Bangi, KUAL, Malaysia, May, 2009
- Research on Closure of Tea Gardens and Displaced Livelihood: Case Women Laborers in the Plantations of Darjeeling District, West Bengal, on going sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi, 2008-11
- Counter –Cultural Impact of Alternative Tourism: A Case of Dharamkot, Himachal Pradesh, funded by UGC, University of Mumbai, 2006-07
- Women Labour force in Construction: A Case of Navi Mumbai, 2005
- Emerging Livelihood Issues of Women working in Brick Kiln: A Case of Panvel Village Clusters, Navi Mumbai, 2005
- Changing Culture and Habit amongst Women working in BPO: A Study of few Call Centers in Navi Mumbai, 2004
- Co-ordinated a study on impact of fines and penalties on motor vehicle drivers in May 2002. The study was conducted by Road Users Safety Forum. A Project funded by BPR&D, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi., 2002
- Research Project for the Unit for Urban Studies, TISS, titled "Space, Crime and City: A Case of Mumbai", 2003
Book: Globalization and Gender: A Changing Perspectives, Rawat Publication, New Delhi
Livelihood issue and sustainable Development:
- A case study of two villages in North Bengal (BTR), India. Publication, ISI Bangalore 6th Dec, 2013.
Research Working Paper:
- Religion, Faith and its Survival in post Modern Era: A contemporary Discourse.
- Migration and Diversification of Livelihood: A case of Mumbai.